NOTE/POSTSCRIPT: After writing this review I talked by telephone with Keith of Northern Valley Machine in E. Grand Fork, Minnesota which does the machine work for Ballisti-cast. I learned the following things:
- 8 and 10-cavity molds are indeed available for those of you with ambition and powerful forearms.
- The mold pins are made from hardened steel, and as stated above are indeed an improvement over the old plain steel pins on the elder H&G molds that were subject to wear.
- Depending on machining schedules, the turn around time for mold orders is now roughly 3 to 4 weeks.
- Keith casts bullets using 4-cavity molds, so he knows whereof he speaks.
- One of these days on my way out to Montana for elk hunting. I plan/hope to visit Northern Valley Machine in that large land mass called Minnesota. Keith says he will show me how the molds are machined.